January 08, 2012

Sweet Escape

Sometimes you just need a little breather in your day-to-day routine - a change of scenery perhaps.  This past weekend the opportunity presented itself to take a somewhat spontaneous mini road trip with Mr. Hubs, my brother and his girlfriend.  We drove through the early morning hours and crossed the border (mainly) to exchange a Christmas gift and do a little shopping (of course!).   For those of you that do not know this, I live in Canada (Oh Canada!) but close enough to be able to have the convenience of driving down to the States.  One of the exciting things (always) about being able to get away for the day is to visit of course, The Cheesecake Factory and getting a big slice of its sweet goodness.  I promise to take a picture of the food next trip!  I didn't take too many pictures of our day but was able to snap a few pictures in the morning.  Now with the regular blogging, I'm going to have to get accustomed to carrying around my camera and putting it to good use.  Although we stayed cross-border a little longer than expected, we came back home on the same day.  Overall, it was great to get some American air, walk through the empty malls and indulge in our favourite foods.. Till we meet again~  I guess the question now is, what did I get?  You will see in the next post!






Early morning drive...



The border crossing to come home


No comments:

Post a Comment