January 06, 2012

My Beauty Essentials

So here are a few of my beauty products I use regularly. (Other then my sans makeup days of course)




Those that know me well, know how crazy I can be when it comes to makeup and beauty products.  This past year I went a little over board with my collection (my hubby & friends can attest to this!) however, it gave me the opportunity of discovering a few amazing products.



1. Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer ($36 CAD) - This is an AHH-mazing product that I think has become a new HG (Holy-Grail) status product for me.  I don't wear this religiously in my day-to-day makeup routine, but its my go-to product when I have an important outing or event to go to.  This vitamin and antioxidant enriched product primes your face by filling your lines & pores along with making your skin feel silky smooth.  It helps to apply my foundation smoothly and helps to keep my makeup stay put all day.  I tend to have combination skin with a very oily T-zone but this keeps my oily areas in check!  Its also one of Smashbox's #1 products.



2. NARS blush in Luster ($27 CAD) - I love this blush!  The colour is a natural peachy/light bronze colour with some shimmer.  It goes on somewhat sheer with a light application but its totally buildable to your personal liking.  I love this colour because it gives me a natural, subtle glow on my cheeks, almost a bit sun kissed, and I just love peachy colours in general.





3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit ($32 CAD) - Another new HG product of mine.  A few years ago, I never used to use concealer under my eyes.  I never used to understand the importance or what was so life-changing about using concealer until this past year.  (Can anyone say ammmmen!?!!)  I always wanted to try this concealer by Bobbi Brown in particular after reading about all the reviews in magazines or hearing about it through celebrity makeup artists but could never really get myself to splurge on it - until recently.  I found it at a CCO (cosmetic company outlet) for a fraction of the price and decided it was the time to try it out.  I've tried drugstore brands mostly & MAC, however this one beats them all.  Its very light, creamy and literally melts into my skin.  The colour selection is great too!  No more raccoon eyes!




4. Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and Primer ($28 CAD) - Worn before mascara application this product coats my lashes, giving them length, moisture and even some extra thickness.  I guess you can say it's similar to the Smashbox Primer but for your lashes instead.  The cool thing about this product is that you can even wear it alone during the night to condition and repair your lashes.  Love this!



5. Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight ($24 CAD) - Lovely baby pink colour.  I believe Miss Kim Kardashian is known to wear this colour frequently as well.  I'm obsessed with baby pink lipglosses as I have quite a few in my collection (ok too many!) but hey, they are all slightly different in the tones of baby pink! ;)  This colour can work with an everyday makeup look without being too overbearing but paired with a smokey eye its absolutely gorgeous as well.

1 comment:

  1. one of the smashbox primers is on my "to try" list :) and i DID notice you love the baby pink colors on your lips!! lol ;) i don't think i can pull it off but it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete