January 04, 2012

Happy 2012!

So another year has gone by and I still cannot believe how quickly 2011 has come and gone! Reflecting on the past year, I'm realizing the older I get, the faster time is passing me by. It's actually kind of scary! After some thinking, I've realized how much I need to cherish the simpler, smaller things in my everyday and to reflect more on my life. I'll be honest... I didn't make many resolutions(if any) in 2011. I didn't want to make them for the sake of the "new year hype" when deep down I didn't feel the need to go out of my way to achieve them just for the sake of saying I did. Looking back however, I've learned its more productive to write down some goals and have yourself reflect on the past year.

This past holiday has given me a chance to not only fill myself up with the most delicious(some many unhealthy) meals, but it gave me a moment to pause and think about how I would like this upcoming year to change for the better. I wrote some of these "resolutions" in my planner and I'd like to share some with you here. I wont be killing myself to accomplish every single one, but I will try my best to achieve as many as I can. Consistency is key. I hope that by the end of the year I can look back and know that I've tried my best. This blog will be a useful tool where we can all keep each other accountable. Here's to the new year and may this year be full of fabulous memories, love & laughter for all of you! :) Xx


My 2012 resolutions in no particular order:

1. Go to church

2. Read 1 book/month

3. Work out on a consistent schedule (Cardio endurance & muscles)

4. Maintain personal blog. Try 4 times a week :)

5. Spend more time with my brothers

6. Spend more time with hubbys fam & now niece

7. Take more pictures

8. Be more thoughtful towards others

9. Eat more vegetables for dinner & fruit

10. Put the bad behind me, move forward & be a better friend towards the ones that have always been there

11. Choose quality purchases. Think long term

12. Find a way I can contribute to making the world a better place.

13. Stress less. Focus more on God's words for direction

14. Keep my area in the bedroom clean. No hoarding!

15. Go to work earlier

16. Put more of an effort M-F to look more presentable :) You feel as good as you look.

17. Upload my products online

18. Sleep earlier. Hopefully by 11, definately before 12. Sleep is key!

19. Print more pictures

20. Spend less time in front of the tube & computer. Be productive busy

21. If it is in His will, my first baby

22. Cherish the time


Phew! Those are a lot!
I'd love to hear some of yours!

2 comments:

  1. :) yay your first blog entry of the year!!
    i tried to keep mine short so i can remember them, but i think it can be broken into many different parts. hopefully we can def keep each other accountable :)

    - pray more (consistent daily walk/commune with God, to always seek God's will rather than my own)
    - exercise more (no explanation required here. sigh)
    - love more (especially those that are 'difficult' to love; to reflect Christ's love through my actions toward others)

    ReplyDelete